2022 Scholarship Deadline Extended to June 15th!
Scleroderma Warriors awards one-time scholarships to degree-seeking children and grandchildren (biological or otherwise), and those afflicted with cutaneous systemic sclerosis.
Scleroderma Warriors awards one-time scholarships in $2,000 increments, the scholarships will be awarded twice a year to children and grandchildren and those who have been diagnosed with Scleroderma.
The grant amounts will be reviewed annually by the board and the amount may be updated dependent upon annual financial projections.
Scholarship Essay Criteria & Rubric
- 1,000-2,000 words
- Works cited if applicable
- Answer the question: “How Scleroderma has changed my life”
- All essays must be submitted through the Scleroderma Warriors website using the below form.
- The student must be enrolled in or accepted to the institution noted on the application.
- Should the applicant not be awarded a grant he/she is welcome to apply again, however, the subsequent essays submitted must be unique from previous submissions and will not be reviewed until the following submission deadline.
Only one scholarship will be awarded per applicant.
- The essay submission deadlines are 6/1 and 12/1 of each calendar year.
- Essays will be rated by our ten-member essay review committee.
- Points will be awarded for each of the five categories: Focus, Content, Organization, Style and Convention. Additional information on our rating system is included on the available rubric.
- If multiple submissions receive an identical number of points and that number is the highest in the application pool, if available, all applicants will receive the standard grant award, if that is not possible the award amount shall be divided among the tied applicants.